How to Determine You Have a Septic Drain Field Problem In Arlington
May 15, 2019
Determining if you have septic drain field problem can be cumbersome and challenging at times. Drain field issues often result in a very messy cleanup, foul odors, and sometimes costly repairs. You don’t want to wait until the problem cannot be fixed, so learning when to call to get help with a drain field installation in Arlington can help you stay ahead of the game.
When to Call the Professionals?
Diagnosing your own drain field problem can be tricky, but with this list of common problems that usually result in backed up drain fields, you can easily learn when it may be time to call in the professionals to help.
- Sludge overload which results in a sulfite build up
- Nonfrequent septic tank pumping or cleanings
- Septic system that is outdated or suffers from an overcapacity issue
- Tree roots which get into the septic system, pumps, boxes, drain fields, etc.
- Broken piping in the drain field, or compacted soil in the drain field.
- Grease which causes a decrease in oxygen in the drain field and causes grease capping.
Too many people fail when it comes to properly maintaining their septic system. This is typically caused by not being knowledgeable on the subject. It may come as a surprise to you that households should have their septic system pumped out and cleaned within every 3 to 5 years. If you are in the process of purchasing a new home you should find out as much information about the septic system as you can, including when their last inspection and pumping was.
Your septic system can be both valuable and expensive to your property depending on how you maintain it. If you feel you are having an issue that may require drain field installation in Arlington give us a call today at Superior Septic Services at (425) 905-2485.